User queries were one of the original customization tools, and because they were so useful, they immediately became very popular.
A query must be created in order to extract data from SAP Business One. A query is a user-defined report that reads the appropriate tables from the database and shows them in SQL format (SQL).
Some users have a limited amount of user queries, whereas others have a large quantity. User queries, like any other out-of-the-box report or function, are an important component of the daily work routine.
As a result, SAP Business One allows you to integrate your user queries into the main menu, resulting in a more efficient and comprehensive user experience.
How to add a user query to the main menu in SAP Business One?
Here are the steps:
1. Open SAP Business One, click Tool > Query > Query Manager
2. Select a query
3. Click assign
4. in "Query menu registration" window select the "Menu Item" checkbox and set the menu name for the query to be displayed
5. in "Parent menu ID" field, navigate to the main menu and select the module and sub-entry where the user query will be placed
6. in "field" position you can manually specify whether the user query should be placed 1st or 2nd, etc., or simply select the "place at bottom" checkbox for positioning as the final entry
7. Click update > Your query available on main menu
8. To remove user query from main menu, uncheck the menu item box in the "query menu registration" window
9. Click Update
• Available in SAP Business One 10.0.